Active Time: 35 minutes
- 6 ounces Buholzer Brother’s® Brick cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef (80% lean)
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces Buholzer Brother’s® Brick cheese, cut into six slices (1 ounce each)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Optional Toppings: pepperoni, pickled and bell peppers, red onion and ripe olives
- Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium.
- Combine the shredded brick, pepperoni, 1/2 cup pizza sauce and oregano in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture; mix just until combined. Form into six patties, about 1/3 pound each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in patties reads 160°F. Top with brick slices. Cover and cook for 1-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread bun bottoms with remaining pizza sauce; top with burgers and toppings if desired. Replace bun tops.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin