Active Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (6oz. each)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 4 oz. Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, cut into 4 slices (1oz. each)
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1″ thick), toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 to 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and broken into pieces
- Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium.
- Combine mayonnaise and garlic in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon skin side down on grate. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until salmon just flakes easily.
- Top with Havarti; cook, covered, for 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread reserved mayonnaise mixture on bread slices. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and salmon. Sprinkle with bacon.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
For more recipe ideas visit https://www.youtube.com/@buholzerbrothers3792