Active Time: 40 minutes
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened
- 7 ounces Buholzer Brothers®Jalapeño Havarti, shredded (1 3/4 cups)
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent dough sheet or rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 48 candy eyeballs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a 17 x 12-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Beat the cream cheese, jalapeño havarti and bacon in a large bowl until blended. Pipe or spoon a heaping tablespoonful of cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheet on a parchment paper-lined cutting board to a rectangle. (Press to seal perforations if using crescent rolls.) Cut dough lengthwise into 24 strips, each about 1/4-inch wide. Wrap each jalapeño half with one strip, leaving space near the stem for eyes.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Brush egg over dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Press 2 eyeballs onto each popper. Serve immediately.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
For more recipes visit https://www.youtube.com/@buholzerbrothers3792