Prep Time: 120 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F.)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached high-gluten flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup (3oz) Wisconsin Provolone Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (2oz) Buholzer Brother’s Havarti Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cooked chicken meat, cubed and tossed in 2 tbsp spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2oz) Wisconsin Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole cilantro leaves
- In a glass measuring cup, mix yeast with water and sugar; stir well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine high-gluten flour, semolina flour, and salt. Add olive oil to the yeast mixture and stir well. Add yeast/olive mixture to flour and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of the additional water (add remaining 1/4 cup as needed). If using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed with dough hook for 6-8 minutes. Otherwise knead by hand for 8-10 minutes until dough is smooth and shiny.
- Put 1 tsp of olive oil in mixing bowl. Place dough in bowl and turn twice to coat with oil. Place bowl in warm place for dough to rise until double in bulk (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough and knead for 2 minutes. Roll or stretch dough into a circle, 16 inches in diameter (14-15 oz of dough is needed).
- Place dough on a pizza pan; or if using a baking stone, place dough on a pizza peel that has been slightly dusted with cornmeal.
To Assemble Pizza:
- Spead barbecue sauce to within 1/3 inch of edge of pizza. Evenly distribute the following toppings in this order: provolone, Havarti, chicken, red onion, Kalamata olives, garlic, and smoked mozzarella.
- Bake pizza at 375 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown. Before serving brush top of pizza with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle on kosher salt and place cilantro leaves evenly around the top.