Yields 8 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 10 oz sliced pancetta, diced
- 2 lbs. small baby red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz Buholzer Brothers Gouda Cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, for 20-22 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Set aside a quarter of the potatoes in a bowl. Return garlic and remaining potatoes to the pan; add butter and cream. Mash potatoes.
- Coarsely mash reserved potatoes. Fold the gouda, pancetta and reserved potatoes into mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin