Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 2 cups crisp Corn Tortilla Pieces
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup White Onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 4oz. can Mild or Hot Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tsp Mild or Hot Pure Chili Powder
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Canned Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Smoked Turkey Breast, cubed
- 2 ½ cups (10oz.) Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Fresh Tomatoes, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ¼ cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Jalapeno, diced
- ½ Cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- For the nachos, preheat the oven to broil. Spread the tortilla pieces on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion for 3 minutes. Add the corn kernels, green chiles, chile powder, cumin and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and cook at a gentle boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the black beans and turkey cubes. Spoon evenly over the tortilla pieces. Spread the cheese all over.
- Place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, until the cheese melts and browns slightly. Remove from the oven.
- For the salsa cruda, combine the tomatoes, lime juice, onion, chile, cilantro, and salt and pepper in a glass or pottery bowl. Stir. To serve, top the nachos with the sour cream and salsa.