Active Time: 35 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 8 large eggs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 pie pastry squares (6-inches each)
- 5 ounces Buholzer Brothers Muenster cheese, shredded (1 1/4 ounces)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the 7 eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat. Stir in bacon and onions.
- Lightly beat remaining egg. Place pie pastry on a lightly floured surface. Brush edges with egg wash. Place 2 tablespoons cheese on each square. Spoon about 1/2 cup of egg mixture over cheese. Top each with about 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold opposite corners of pastry over egg mixture; pinch to seal.
- Place roll ups on prepared pan. Brush pastry with egg wash. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are set.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin