Active Time: 1 hour
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 16 ounces Buholzer Brothers Havarti cheese, shredded and divided (4 cups)
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 pounds lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the ricotta, egg, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir in the kale, 2 cups havarti, parmesan and basil.
- Place crab in another bowl. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1/3 cup ricotta mixture, a third of the crab, 1/3 cup Buholzer Brothers Havarti and 2/3 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice, starting with three noodles. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Buholzer Brothers Havarti.
- Cover dish with greased aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is lightly browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
© Dairy Famers of Wisconsin