Active Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 12 oz. uncooked chorizo sausage
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 12 large eggs
- 6 oz. Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, shredded and divided ( 1 ½ cups)
- Minced fresh parsley or basil, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook sausage, peppers and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove sausage mixture to a paper towel to drain; cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add 1 cup Havarti; mix well. Stir in sausage mixture. Spoon a 1/3 cup egg mixture into 12 greased muffin cups or 2/3 cup mixture into 6 greased jumbo muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining Havarti. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (or thermometer reads 160°F). Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley or basil if desired
Recipe courtesy of Dairy Farmer’s of Wisconsin.