Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 tbsp Corn Oil
- ½ lb. boneless, thin sliced Pork Chops
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano Leaves, crumbled
- 4 (8-Inch) Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup Canned Refried Beans
- 1 ⅓ cup Wisconsin Brick Cheese, shredded
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 ripe Tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Canned Jalapeno Chiles, drained
- Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- Cilantro, minced
- ¼ cup Salsa of Choice
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly saute pork chops or tenderloins, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle oregano over the pork while hot, pressing into meat.
- Cut into pencil-size strips. Set aside.
- Heat the tortillas until soft and keep warm. Also heat the refried beans.
- Spread the surface of each tortilla with 1/4 cup hot refried beans, 1/3 cup shredded Brick cheese and 1/4 of pork. Layer the tomato, avocado, jalapenos, lettuce and cilantro, dividing evenly among the tortillas.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa and mayonnaise. Dollop 2 tbsp of the mixture over each tortilla filling. Roll up tortillas tightly; cut each in half diagonally to serve.