Yields 12 servings
Active Time: 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 1/4 cups brandy
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 6 oz Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the brandy, cranberries, and thyme in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Stir Havarti into cranberry mixture. Spoon cranberry mixture in the center of pastry to within 2 inches of edges. Fold pastry edges up over filling. (Center will be uncovered.) Brush pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin