Active Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 18-20 servings
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 2 packages (8oz each) original cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16oz) chunky salsa
- 1 cup (8oz) Odyssey Sour Cream
- 8 oz Colby cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 bags (9oz each) blue corn tortilla chips, divided
- 2 blocks (8oz each) Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- Beat the cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, Colby and green onions in a large bowl until blended. Spread Colby mixture in the bottom of a 13”x9” baking dish.
- Measure 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, set aside the remaining chips for serving. Arrange the crushed tortilla chips in a rectangle on top of Colby mixture, about 5” x 4”.
- Cut 1 block (8oz) Havarti in half into two blocks, each about 1/2” thick. Cut slices with a 1 and 1/2” star cookie cutter, using the handle of a small spoon to press and release cheese from cutter at star points. Place stars on chips. Shred 2 cups (8oz) from the remaining Havarti.
- Combine tomatoes and red bell pepper in a medium bowl. For stripes, arrange tomato mixture and shredded Havarti in alternating rows, each about 1”.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving. Serve with the reserved tortilla chips.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin