Active Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons each chili powder and ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces Buholzer Brothers® Gouda, shredded (3 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook beef and onion in a Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the chili powder, cumin and tomato paste; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Gradually stir in gouda until melted. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin