Active Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 packages (8.5 ounces each) corn bread (muffin) mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 ounces Buholzer Brothers® Jalapeño Havarti, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Butter and honey
- Place a 12-inch ovenproof or cast-iron skillet in the oven on the middle rack. Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat the corn bread mix, eggs, milk and sour cream in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the corn, jalapeño havarti, red bell and jalapeño peppers and cilantro.
- Remove skillet from the oven. (Pan will be hot!) Add butter; tilt pan to coat the bottom and sides. Pour batter into the hot skillet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly. Cut into wedges. Serve warm with butter and honey.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin