Active Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cubed and melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 12 ounces Buholzer Brothers Jalapeño Havarti, shredded (3 cups)
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the butter, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut bread lengthwise into 1-inch strips to within 1/2 inch of loaf bottom, taking care to not cut all the way through the bread. Rotate bread; repeat cutting into 1-inch strips, creating a crosshatch pattern.
- Spoon butter mixture between strips. Stuff with Buholzer Brothers Jalapeño Havarti and jalapeño peppers. Wrap loaf in aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Unwrap; bake for 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
© Dairy Famers of Wisconsin