Yields 12 Sliders
Active Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 12 mini pretzel buns, split and toasted
- 1 lb. thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 oz Buholzer Brothers Horseradish Havarti Cheese, thinly sliced
- Pretzel twists, halved
- Buholzer Brothers Horseradish Havarti Cheese, thinly sliced
- Black peppercorns or ripe olive pieces
- Ripe olives, halved
- Maraschino cherry
- Combine mayonnaise and cherry preserves in a bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottoms and tops of buns.
- Place bun bottoms on a 17 x 11-inch baking pan. Top with roast beef and Havarti. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops.
- Poke pretzels in tops for antlers. Cut out small circles from Havarti for eyes. Dot Havarti with mayonnaise; attach peppercorns for pupils. Pipe mayonnaise on bun tops; place eyes. Thread olives and cherry on toothpicks; attach for noses.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin