Yields 8-10 servings
Active Time: 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15 oz) solid-packed pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8oz Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, cubed (2 cups)
- 1 jar (16oz) salted caramel sauce, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl until blended. Stir in the milk, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in bread. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the bread mixture in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan; sprinkle with Havarti. Drizzle with 1 cup caramel sauce. Spoon remaining bread mixture over top, pressing down lightly.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is et and a thermometer inserted in bread mixture reads 160 degrees F. Serve warm with remaining caramel sauce.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin