Active Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 2lbs. boneless, skinless Chicken Breast halves
- 1 1/2 tsp each, Ground Cumin and Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Long Grain Rice
- 2 cans (15oz each) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5oz) Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4oz) Chopped Green Chiles, undrained
- 3 cupbs Chicken Broth
- 16oz Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, shredded and divided (4 cups)
- Cubed Avocado
- Fresh Cilantro
- Chopped Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Layer the chicken, cumin, chipotle chili pepper, rice, black beans, tomatoes, green chilies, and chicken broth in the Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock lid; ensure vent is closed per manufacturer’s directions. Select manual setting. Increase pressure to high; set time for 10 minutes.
- Select cancel setting. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes when cooking is complete. Quick release any remaining pressure, as directed by manufacturer.
- Insert a thermometer into chicken to read at least 165 degrees F. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; shred meat. Return chicken to rice mixture. Gradually stir in 3 cups Havarti cheese until melted. Serve with toppings and remaining Havarti cheese.
© Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin