Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, sliced in half making 4 pieces
- 1 tsp Bourbon
- 1 tsp pure Maple Syrup
- 2 slices Multi-Grain Bread
- 2 slices Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese
- 4 slices Granny Smith Apple (or apple of choice)
- 1 tbsp Butter
Maple Bourbon Bacon:
- Mix maple syrup and bourbon in a small bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon strips for a few minutes on one side. Flip bacon strips, brushing bacon with maple bourbon mixture and cook 1 more minute or until it reaches your desired crispiness.
- Place cooked bacon on a paper towel lined plate to absorb grease.
Grilled Cheese Assembly:
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat, coating with some of the butter until fully covered and melted.
- Place one slice of bread on the pan. Add one slice of muenster cheese, 4 apple slices, 2 bacon slices, and another slice of muenster cheese. Butter the remaining piece of bread and place butter-side-up on the sandwich.
- Once the bottom of bread is lightly browned, flip the sandwich over to brown the other side, cooking until lightly browned.