Yields: 8 servings
Active Time: 42 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Odyssey Plain Greek Yogurt (0% or 2%)
- 1/2 cup Buholzer Brother’s Muenster Cheese, cold and shredded
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add Greek yogurt and cheese; mix gently until well blended. Use a mixing technique similar to cutting in butter (keeping dough crumbly – your goal isn’t to make one big ball).
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg into milk. Pour the milk into the Greek yogurt mixture and use a rubber spatula to gently combine everything. Add a little more flour if dough seems to sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently pat it out to about 3/4 inch thick. Cut 16 circles using a 2 inch biscuit cutter. If you are making “regular” biscuits you can just place the dough rounds on the prepared baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inch apart. If you want big biscuits, stack two rounds together (don’t pinch together). Place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the egg wash and then bake for 10 minutes (regular size) or 12-14 minutes (double biscuits).
- Serve warm plain or with butter and honey.