Active Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick), plus 2 ½ tbsp Cold Butter, cubed
- 2 oz. Baby Swiss Cheese, shredded ( ½ cup)
- 2 oz. Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, diced ( ½ cup)
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup cored, peeled, and chopped Tart Apple (about 1 large apple)
- 1 cup, plus 1 ½ tsp Heavy Whipping Cream, divided
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 18 thin Apple Slices, unpeeled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until combined. Add cold butter; cover and pulse just until butter pieces resemble the size of peas. Set aside.
- Combine the Swiss, Havarti, walnuts, and apple in a large bowl; stir in reserved flour mixture. Pour 1 cup cream over the cheese mixture; gently toss with a fork just until dough forms. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 3 ½ inch round; transfer to prepared pan.
- Combine the remaining cram and egg in a small bowl; brush over dough. Press 3 apple slices into each. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm with honey.
Compliments of the DFW.