Yields: 12 servings
Active Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 8 oz. Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple
- 6 slices Brioche Bread, slice off crusts (can substitute challah bread)
- 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- Fresh Dill to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut crusts off brioche bread, and slice in half. Place bread on baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Slice Muenster cheese into 1/8” slices, and place on top of bread. Place in oven for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together ½ tbsp Dijon mustard and ½ tbsp maple syrup. If you desire the mixture to be stronger in one of the flavors add more of desired ingredient.
- Slice apples in half, and slice halves into 1/8” slices. Add apples to mustard/maple mixture and toss to coat.
- Remove bread from oven and place 1 slice of honeycrisp, and 1 slice of Granny Smith apple on top of melted cheese. Remove from baking sheet to a serving plate and garnish with fresh dill.
Recipe courtesy of chef Ryan Boughton.