Yields: 12 servings
Active Time: 40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- 1 lb. cold, poached Chicken, shredded
- 8 oz. Buholzer Brothers Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 1 container Odyssey Southwest Greek Yogurt Dip
- 3 tbsp cold Butter
- 2 heaping tbsp Fresh Chives, minced
- Bread Crumbs
- Canola Oil
- 1 cup All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3 oz. Tap Water
- Pour bread crumbs into bowl. Pour flour into a separate bowl. Mix together egg wash. Set aside.
Egg Wash: mix together 3 eggs with 3oz. water until combined.
- Add cold butter to mix master, and put on medium speed to cream it. Add 8 oz. shredded Havarti and chives; mix on low. Add chicken and continue mixing on low until it forms together in a ball.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat and add 1 inch of canola oil.
(Can also use a FryDaddy at 350 degrees F.)
- Using a #30 scoop (about 1 oz. each), scoop chicken mixture into balls and place into bowl of flour. Coat well with flour, then coat with egg wash, and lastly entirely coat ball in bread crumbs. Continue process until chicken mixture is used up.
- Carefully place croquets into hot oil. Cook 2-3 minutes each side. Reach a nice golden brown color. Once croquets are done cooking, place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Remove from paper towel and serve croquets with Southwest Greek Yogurt Dip.
Recipe courtesy of chef Ryan Boughton.