Active Time: 50 minutes
Yields: 10 bundles
- 6 tbsp butter, cubed
- 40 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed (about 1lb.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 sheets phyllo dough, thawed (14″x9″ each)
- 4oz. Buholzer Brothers™ Muenster Cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Heat the oven to 350 ˚F. Line a 17″x12″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle asparagus with 1 tbsp butter in a shallow, large bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Unroll phyllo sheets; keep covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel. Place one phyllo sheet on a large cutting board. Lightly brush with butter. Layer two additional phyllo sheets; lightly brush butter between each sheet. Brush the top sheet with butter. Starting with a long side, fold phyllo sheets into thirds. Cut folded phyllo sheets in half width-wise.
- Place 1 tbsp Muenster cheese near a short end of each phyllo strip; top Muenster with 4 asparagus spears. Starting at the Muenster end, fold strip over asparagus and roll up bundle. Brush the remaining end with butter; roll up to seal. Place on prepared pan seam side down. Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets, Muenster, and asparagus.
- Brush bundle tops with butter. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until phyllo strips are golden brown and asparagus is tender.
Recipe Tip: When working with phyllo dough, keep the remaining sheets covered with plastic wrap and damp towel prevents them from drying out.