- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato catsup
- onion salt
- 2 large hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices Buholzer Brother’s ™ Brick Cheese
- use slices of your favorite vegetables and garnish to decorate the face, such as carrots, cucumbers, pickles, olives, red onions, mushrooms, celery, and peppers.
- Saute ground beef and drain off fat. Set aside.
- In saucepan, saute celery in butter. When tender, add the ground beef, tomato sauce, and catsup. Season slightly with onion salt. Cover the split buns with sliced cheese. Place under broiler just long enough to melt cheese. Remove from broiler and spoon on the ground beef mix.
- Arrange “eyes” and “mouths” made from remaining cheese slices on ground beef mix. Return to broiler to slightly melt cheese. Add olives or mushroom buttons to accent the eyes and nose on the face.
- Place sandwiches on plates and arrange “ears” using cucumbers, carrots, or red onions. Create “crown” using celery or a pickle. Slice green, red, or yellow pepper strips as or simply use brick cheese slices for “collars.”
Compliments of WMMB.