- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- chicken broth
- 1 Chile jalapeno
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Odyssey Greek Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Buholzer Brothers ™ Muenster Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Fresh, mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1, 16 oz. jar salsa
- Rinse rice in sieve until water runs clear. Cook according to package directions, replacing the amount of water called for with chicken broth, and placing 1 whole Chile jalapeno in broth.
(Do NOT overcook — al dente rice is preferred.
- Remove from heat. Discard Chile. Fluff rice with fork. Spread on a cookie sheet so the grains don’t stick together and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the creams in a bowl.
- In large 9″ x 12″ rectangular or oval baking dish, layer one-half the rice, salsa, cheeses, and cream in that order. Repeat. Don’t overfill dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Compliments of the DFW.