Yields: 24 servings
Active Time: 35 minutes
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- 3 lbs. boneless pork butt, cut in 1/4″ dice
- 1 lb. mixed boneless chicken, cut in 1/4″ dice
- 1 lb. pork fat back, cut in 1/4″ dice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb. Buholzer Brothers ™ Muenster Cheese, cut in 1/4″ dice
- kosher salt to taste
- Grind meats and fat through meat grinder using plate with small 1/8″ openings. Place ground mixture in large bowl of standing mixer and add all ingredients except cheese and salt. Mix with paddle attachment. Fold cheese into the farce. Case sausages in pork hank, twisting to form 4 oz. links. Dry for 1 hour in walk-in cooler.
- To poach, bring 4-5 gallons of water to a boil. When boiling, turn off heat. Add sausage and cover with lid. Let stand for 10-15 minutes or until sausages reach interior temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Cool sausages on sheet pan lined with kitchen towels. Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- To reheat: grill, boil, or bake sausage until hot. The sausages can be made into patties or sauteed until cooked through.
Compliments of the WMMB: Chef Jamie Bissonnette.