Serves 6 – 8
- 1 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Buholzer Brothers Muenster, cut into spears
- 2-3 baby dill pickles
- 2-3 scallion, whole
- 1/2 bell pepper, cut in strips
- 14.5 oz can diced can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olive
- 1 tbsp butter
- fresh herbs: 1 bay leaf, 2 sprigs thyme, 2 sprigs oregano
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable/Olive oil
- dash of salt an pepper
- Brush inside of meat with Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer scallions, bell peppers, spears of Muenster, pickles, olives, and roll over tightly, tucking ends if possible.
- Seam side down, truss the roll with butcher twine and chill for 1 hour.
- Season outside of meat with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy bottom skillet over a medium-high heat, brown meat on all sides. Remove meat and drain off excess oil and fats. Return meat to pan and add tomato and chicken stock. Add Fresh herbs and cover; cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from pan. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Add Butter to pan sauce and reduce to taste.
- Slice beef roll and arrange on platter with pan sauce spooned over the top.