Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yields: 1 serving
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, sliced in half making 4 pieces
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Bourbon
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 2 slices Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese
- 4 slices Granny Smith Apple
- 1 tbsp butter
Maple Bourbon Bacon:
- Mix maple syrup and bourbon in a small bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon strips for a few minutes on one side. Flip bacon strips, brushing bacon with maple bourbon mixture and cook 1 more minute or until desired crispiness.
- Place cooked bacon on a paper towel lined plate to absorb grease.
Grilled Cheese Assembly:
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium high heat, coating with some of the butter until fully covered and melted.
- Place one slice of bread on the pan. Add one slice of Muenster cheese, apple slices, bacon, and another slice of Muenster cheese. Butter the remaining piece of bread and place butter-side up on the sandwich.
- Once the bottom of bread is lightly browned, flip the sandwich over to brown the other side, cooking until lightly browned.