Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 hours
Yields: 8 servings
Difficulty Level: Advanced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 Sweet Onions, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Dried Plums (prunes), diced
- 1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts, Toasted
- 2 tbsp Fresh Sage, chopped or 1tbsp Dried
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs. Boneless Pork Loin Roast, butterflied
- 1/4 cup Water
- In skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In large bowl, combine the onion mixture, cheese, apples, dried plums, breadcrumbs, walnuts, sage, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. To stuff the pork, lay the butterflied loin flat; spread stuffing over the surface of the meat, leaving a narrow uncovered portion around edges. Roll up the loin, jelly-roll style, enclosing the stuffing. Tie the loin securely with string, and place in roasting pan that can be covered.
- Roast, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F; add 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the roasting pan. Cover and roast 1-1/2 to 2 hours, until the pork is thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Remove from the oven; let stand, covered, for 15 minutes before slicing. To serve, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Garnish with fresh sage leaves.