Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooke time: 8 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 lb. Russet Potatoes (Approx. 2-3 Potatoes)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vegetable or Corn Oil
- 1 cup White Onion, minced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, minced
- 2, 4oz. Can of Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 12, 7-inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender, but still firm. Drain. Let sit until cool enough to peel. Peel and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat oil in heavy, medium-sized skillet. Add potatoes, onion, and oregano. Cook 7-8 minutes stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Stir in cilantro and chiles. Cook 2 minutes longer, until mixture is heated through. Salt and pepper to taste. Should have about 3 cups of filling.
- Place 1/4 cup of the potato mixture on half of a tortilla. Sprinkle with approximately 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold unfilled half of tortilla over the filled half, pressing edges to form a half circle.
- Arrange on lightly greased or nonstick baking sheet. Continue, using all tortillas. Brush tortilla tops with melted butter.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until tortilla browns and the cheese melts. Serve with your favorite salsa.