Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 1 (8.5 oz.) package Cornbread Mix
- Dijon Mustard
- 6 oz. Buholzer Brothers Brick Cheese, sliced
- 3 cups Canned Baked Beans
- 4 slices Bacon, Fried Crisp
- 1/4 cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- Prepare the cornbread in an 8″ x 8″ baking pan as directed on the package. Cool.
- Divide the cornbread into four 4″ squares. Slice the squares horizontally, each yielding two thin 4″ by 4″ squares. Divide squares among four plates (2 per plate). Spread squares thinly with dijon mustard.
- Divide the cheese slices among the four plates, placing them on top of the cornbread. Heat beans to boiling point in a small pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the beans on top of each serving, covering the cheese.
- Crumble one slice of the bacon over each serving. Mix the onion and parsley in a small bowl. Scatter over the sandwiches.