Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 20 servings
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- 3 lbs. Buholzer Brothers Brick Cheese (freeze for 1 hour and slice thin)
- 1 cup Chervil, chopped
- 12oz. Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 cup toasted, ground Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Chervil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cracked, dried Pink Peppercorns
- 1/3 cup cracked, dried Green Peppercorns
- Line 3-1/2″ by 10″ inch pate mold with parchment paper. In the mold, alternately layer semi-soft cheese, soft cheese, chopped chervil and finish with semi-soft cheese layer.
- Cover and weight pate down with 1 pound can. Chill several hours.
- Carefully take terrine from mold. Remove paper. Place on plate. Frost pate with thin layer of Mascarpone cheese.
- Combine walnuts, chervil, and peppercorns. Press onto sides of terrine. Cover and chill.
- To serve, put 1 or 2 thin slices terrine on each plate. Accompany terrine with balsamic-dressed salad of frisee.