Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 24 servings
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- 48 slices Rye, Whole-Grain, or Oatmeal Bread
- 1 cup Whole-Grain Style Mustard
- 48 slices Baked Ham, sliced approx. 1/8 inch thick
- 3 cups sauteed Mushrooms
- 24 slices Buholzer Brothers Muenster Cheese
- 24 slices Wisconsin Provolone Cheese
- 24 slices Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 quarts Fresh White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Pepper
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tsp whole-grain mustard.
- Top each of 24 slices of bread with 2 slices of ham, 2 tablespoons sauteed mushrooms, 1 slice each Muenster, Provolone, and Cheddar.
- Top each sandwich with remaining bread, and set aside until ready to grill.
- In a large skillet, heat butter; add mushrooms and saute on high until golden brown, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Season with parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
To Grill Sandwiches:
- Preheat flat-top grill. Lightly grease with griddle oil and place sandwiches on grill.
- Cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes each side, adding oil as need. Cut sandwiches and serve with taco chips and a medley of peppers.